I love Xfce

Friday, February 4, 2011

Breaking News- Gmusicbrowser to Replace Exaile in Xubuntu 11.04 ( Natty)

In a develeopment that pleases me no end, the xubuntu team has decide to replace the default music player from exaile to gmusicbrowser-. The Upcoming Release of Xubuntu 11.04 Natty will the change. They are already considering using the Shimmer project Builds of GMB as it has really started to mature and has several new features over the offical build in the repository.

I have already covered gmusicbrowser. you can read the review here http://xflinux.blogspot.com/2011/01/gmusicbrowser-one-of-finest-linux-audio.html

I have got no problems with exaile, but it has always been buggy and very slow with a large library. I have to say i am much more please with the direction  Xubuntu  is going, than the way ubuntu is going.

You can read the minutes of the Xubuntu community meeting here.

No comments:

Post a Comment